Director’s notes on Toylife




Day 1. A plastic children's bicycle was left near a garbage bin for some one to pick up.
a) Best case scenario, some one will pick it up and pass it to a child poor or not, by the way the bicycle was in excellent working order and shape.  
b) Worst case scenario, the bicycle will end up in the dumpster.     
Day 2. An idea came into my mind. I slept over it. 
Day 3. Next morning I shared my thoughts to a creative director that I usually work with and he came back with a concept. A copy was sent to me two hours later! 
Day 4. I called up people that we usually work together, told them the concept. They loved it! 
Day 5. The production was organized.
Day 5. Late afternoon, I've asked my wife for some money in order to start the preproduction... She said ok, spend them carefully.
Day 6. Went for location scouting! 
Day 6. Late night, I started casting robots on eBay. 
Day 7 & 8. Principal photography. 

We spent almost a month for the motion design in cinema 4d and after effects. On principal photography we always had in mind to let the picture breath a little bit in order to give some space to the motion designerto work on.
The music score was created in five hours! WoW! and my wife’s mood got better because I DIDN'T wasted my money!